For optimal weight loss, the most important thing to be looked at is the combination of setting up the composition and amount of food and exercise. If exercise is not possible, then setting the composition and amount of food to be properly addressed. Keep in mind, that commitment, consistency, determination and motivation from within themselves is very important so that efforts are made to lose weight can be successful.
Two main principles in the regulation of food are:
- Reduce foods that contain simple sugars / added sugars.
Foods in this group stimulate the insulin hormone which plays a role in fat storage. If insulin levels are low, the stored fats in the body will be released to be burned. Reduce foods high in carbohydrates will reduce insulin levels, suppress appetite and lose weight without you feeling hungry. Examples of healthy carbohydrates are oatmeal, brown rice, and whole wheat bread.
- Eat protein, healthy fats, and vegetables.
Examples of good sources of protein are meat (beef, chicken, lamb), fish and seafood (salmon, shrimp, tuna, etc.), as well as eggs.
Vegetables can be eaten as much as possible, such as broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, cabbage, lettuce, and cucumbers.
Sources of healthy fats such as olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, butter. Do not be afraid to eat fat. If the levels of fat in your diet are too low, you will feel hungry and tend to overeat.
Here are 10 tips to lose weight in addition to exercise:
- Do breakfast high in protein to reduce craving and intake of calories during the day.
- Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juices. These drinks are rapidly increasing weight.
- Drinking water half an hour before meals. One study has shown that drinking water 30 minutes before meals will lose weight as much as 44% within 3 months.
- Choose foods with less weight increase. For example: whole eggs, green vegetables, salmon, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, lean beef, chicken breast, boiled potatoes, red beans, mung-beans, lentils, cheese, avocado, oatmeal, brown rice, fruits, and yoghurt.
- Eating soluble fiber such as oatmeal, nuts, seeds, and apples.
- Drinking coffee or tea. Caffeine in it can increase the burning of calories in your body. Certainly use a little sugar.
- Avoid foods who fast food / processed foods.
- Eat slowly. People who eat quickly, more quickly gained weight. Eat slowly to make you feel full and increase the hormone to lose weight.
- Use a smaller plate. Research shows that automatically, people will tend to eat less when using a smaller plate.
- Have enough sleep every night. Lack of sleep is very risky to promote weight loss.
If your weight is very excessive, in addition to the tips above, it is recommended to consult first with a clinical nutrition specialist. Because, for the conditions, you need special handling that diets should not make you weak and malnourished during dieting.